Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, also known as mHBOT, is the use of oxygen under pressure in a total body chamber to facilitate healing . The increased oxygen greatly enhances the ability of white blood cells to kill bacteria, reduce swelling and allow new blood vessels to grow more rapidly into the affected areas. It is a simple, non-invasive and painless treatment.
Many conditions have responded favorably including Migraines, Sports Injuries, Pre/Post Surgery Support, Cardiovascular benefits, Chronic Pain issues, Head or Brain trauma, Chronic Fatigue, Immune System Support and much more.
There are many scientific physiological benefits.
- Improve Energy Levels and Tissue Function. The human body is highly energetic and depends on a constant flow of oxygen to help generate enough cellular energy (ATP) for all Hyperbaric oxygen therapy provides the body with an extra dose of oxygen, that then has the ability to facilitate extra energy to be manufactured within all our metabolically-active cells, and tissue inside the body. When the body sustains an injury or tissue is damaged, extra energy (ATP) is required to facilitate healing. mHBOT is a resource for helping to increase oxygen required for additional healing.. Oxygen has a direct relationship to the amount of cellular ATP produced. m-HBot uses pressures below 1.5 ATA. This can deliver high oxygen levels into the body but using lower pressures. Extra oxygen is delivered into the body in the blood plasma. These oxygen molecules can freely travel through the circulatory system.
- Regenerate Tissue. The extra oxygen facilitates the body’s ability to produce both new tissue and new blood vessels. This helps the damaged or injured areas as well as to help combat the degenerative effects of the aging process.
- Reduce Inflammation. Extra oxygen allows for reduction in swelling and inflammation. Following acute tissue injury. In addition Hyperbaric Oxygen decreases Cellular Inflammation. Systemic cellular inflammation creates most chronic degenerative illness, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes and strokes.
- Reduces Pain, especially inflammatory-related pain disorders
- Improve and enhance immune function. Help to increase phagocytosis.
Our wellness center uses a Grand Dive Dome Hyperbaric chamber. The patient comfortably lounge in the chamber for your session. Sessions average 45-60 minutes. Protocols can range anywhere from daily hyperbaric sessions to monthly sessions.
If you are interested in learning more, or would like to view research on hyperbaric, please contact our office. We will be happy to answer any additional questions.